Top Tips to avoid the flu!
I hate to get sick. Taking care of the kids and my husband when they are sick is the worst. I don’t know if you have heard this year there is a huge outbreak of the stomach flu
- Get the Flu shot if you do not have insurance you can go to the local pharmacy and pay to have the flu shot. The flu shot can NOT make you sick. Many people do not get the flu shot because they are scared they will get sick from it. This is NOT true. The flu vaccine is not a live virus you can not get sick from it. Do not take the flu shot if you are allergic to eggs or you have Guillain–Barré syndrome.
- Wash your hands all the time!!! Hand washing is the key to preventing the flu. Wash with soap and water several times a day.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. you would be suprised how many people do not do this.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth Germs are spread this way.
- Make sure you wash your fresh fruits and veggies you buy from the store. You do not know who handles them before you
- If you think you have the flu stay home from work. Fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue are symptoms of the flu. Some people also may have vomiting and diarrhea. I am sure your co-workers will make it through the day without you.
The “SUPER BUG”
The Noro Virus is sweeping the US
Symptoms come on very suddenly, within hours after a person has been exposed to it.
Symptoms of the “super bug” Vomiting, diarrhea, Fever Chills and it can last 3-4 days.
The flu can last two to four hours on hard surfaces outside your body, but the norovirus can survive and remain infectious for weeks.
Very scary!!! Prevention ,Prevention ,Prevention!!!
HAND WASHING WITH SOAP AND WATER
USE BLEACH TO DISENFECT YOUR HOME.
Contact your MD if you think you have the Flu.